AUGUST 9th! 1pm EST! Sign up NOW!!!
Well, this is a humdinger. I’m so psyched to be doing a webinar with Writer’s Digest, and on a topic very near and dear to my heart.
I personally guarantee this webinar, and the personal query-letter critique that comes with it, will utterly melt your face and blow your mind.
Your brain is Alderaan and this webinar is the Death Star.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
Young adult and middle grade are two of the fastest growing and most robust fiction genres in publishing. These juvenile categories have a tradition of fantasy and sci-fi narratives that continues today with wizards, vampires, and clockwork princesses. The young adult and middle grade markets are rich with imaginative and fantastical stories, worlds, and characters.
What makes some stories stand out, and others unsuccessful, cliché, or—worst of all—left buried in the slush pile? How can you refine your craft to create novels at once lasting and fresh? How does writing for kids and teens differ from writing for adults? How can you capture the attention of an agent in this rich and extremely competitive market? In other words, how can you give your story the best chance to get published?
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN:
- How to write for young people—capturing the voice, narration, story, and style
- How to use tropes, myths, and archetypal story structures to create striking, unforgettable fantasy & sci-fi tales
- How to craft detailed, unique, engrossing worlds, full of history and depth
- How to bring to life layered and compelling heroes, anti-heroes, villains, and antagonists
- How to avoid cliché and trend-chasing, and create wholly fresh, standout novels
- How to win the interest of an agent in this competitive market.